This all-natural and almost entirely organic Miessence concealer has become a daily part of my (modest) selection of organic makeup essentials.
Miessence’s concealer comes in a small round ‘tin’. Not made of metal, but plastic with a transparent lid. Initially there’s a cardboard box around it. The size and shape of this cute little tin have been very practical. Opening and closing goes smoothly. The lid of the concealer is very flat, you can slide the whole thing in a pocket and it will be barely noticeable.
First I used the Miessence concealer under my eyes, since I’ve been genetically blessed with the tendency to develop blue-ish purple colors in that area. The skin around the eyes in thinner and more sensitive than the rest of the face. In the past, other concealers have often been making my under-eye area more dry and wrinkles more noticeable. Not a good thing! I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth and nourishing the Miessence concealer is.
For the first time here, a concealer that doesn’t add dry-ness to the skin, but on the contrary seems to help moisturize. Amazing! It is creamy and soft, while providing good coverage.
Then I also used this all-natural organic concealer on pimples, the coverage there is very nice too. Other concealers have often caused my skin to peel and look a bit cracked. I would be covering-up a pimple and trying to divert the attention from the redness, but end up with a patch of skin-colored ‘flakies’ instead. I’m really loving how the Miessence concealer does not do that.
Miessence concealer has a very neutral scent. You could say it has no scent at all. Or just a little powder-ish.
Ingredients, INCI: Certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, zinc oxide, certified organic unrefined cera alba (beeswax), avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, certified organic rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, may contain: +/- iron oxides.
The ingredient list clearly shows how natural this concealer is. The jojoba oil is probably responsible for the nourishing texture that I sang praise to earlier in this review.
What I like about the Miessence Concealer
- Coverage is nice.
- Texture is great, doesn’t dry out the skin.
- Used on dry skin it even seems to add nourishment.
- Super light weight packaging.
- Practical & user friendly shape of the tin.
- Such natural and mostly organic ingredients!
What I like less about the Miessence Concealer
- Well, the price of US $21 is great, however Miessence adapts their pricing per country. In Europe, for example, the concealer will be 25 euros, which is almost US $35. What the …?! Depending on where you’re located, you may want to have a look at some more affordable organic makeup on LoveLula.
Final thoughts & other Organic Makeup Reviews
Miessence’s concealer shows how natural organic makeup doesn’t have to perform any less than the regular stuff. I’m very happy with the texture and coverage of this natural concealer and have been using it for months. For your information, the tint I’ve been using is the lightest one, called ‘Fair’. Nicely suited to my porcelain skin tone, which comes with the red hair. 🙂 There are three other shades available: ‘Medium’, ‘Tanned’ and ‘Dark’, so other complexions should have no problem finding a match.
From a natural beautician, I’ve learned the trick to not rub your concealer on, but gently tap some over the problem area’s with your fingertip. This way you don’t rub most of it away in the process of applying. I’ve been using her tip for a while now and it really seems to help to cover the skin more thoroughly.
Find this concealer and more awesome organic makeup here.
Pricetag: US $21.75, AUS $26.70, €25.35
Size: 5 g/0.18 oz
What do you think of the Miessence Concealer?
Please share your own reviews and organic skincare tips!
- UNE Casual Volume Mascara Review
- Dr. Hauschka Volume Mascara Review
- Annmarie Gianni Reviews – Herbal Facial Oil for Normal & Combination Skin
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Kukui Nut Body Cream Review
- Miessence Lemon Myrtle & Desert Flower Shampoo Review
You might also like:
- Homemade Deodorant Recipe with Beeswax (Super Soft & Creamy)
- Cosmetic Ingredients to Avoid
- Natural & Organic Skin Care Recipes
- Why Choose Organic Hair Care?
- Organic Face Care