1. the act or an instance of disclosing; exposure; revelation.
2. that which is disclosed; a revelation.
3. Patent Law. (in a patent application) the descriptive informationimparted by the specification claims, drawings, and models submitted.
Well, that sounds interesting – what does it have to do with skin care?
Let me explain.
It is the law to disclose that some of the links on this blog are affiliate links. If you’re unfamiliar with what an affiliate link is, here’s how it works:
I love writing about skin care, and I’m passionate about sifting through ingredients, discovering natural and organic products, recommending some and slagging off others. On top of the time it takes to do all that, I have to pay for hosting, for a decent looking website, and for a bunch of other nitty-gritty blogging accouterments, which I’m not going to bore you with. To keep the ball rolling, one of the things a blogger can do is work with affiliate links.
When you click on an affiliate link and end up making a purchase, the seller pays me a small amount. It doesn’t cost you anything, but it helps the blog owner tremendously – in this case me, to keep on keepin’on, strolling through the skin care jungle and pushing out more pages with stuff you might be interested in. If I no longer recommend a product or am unhappy with a product for any reason, I remove the affiliate link. Also, not all links are affiliate links.
Good to know:
- I do not write posts to generate revenue. In other words, no one can pay me to create a post for their product, no matter how nice it is wrapped or how divine it smells.
- This blog expresses my personal opinions. None of my musings can or should replace consulting your health care professional, but you’re smart so you already knew that, right?